Reiki self-treatments are the coolest gifts of being Reiki attuned. If you've received Reiki empowerment to level I, II or III, you have everything you need at your fingertips to call Universal life force into your being for relaxation and self-healing. Paired with rituals, Reiki can serve to strengthen connections to Source and empower you to elicit positive life change with ease and grace. One such ritual is the chakra balancing bath ritual for Reiki practitioners.
Reiki is 100% intuitive; it knows where to go and what to do for your greatest healing benefit. Additionally, balanced and clear chakras are a natural by-product of Reiki. When we enhance Reiki with healing intentions and elements to support positive outcomes, something as mundane as a bath becomes a sacred act of revolutionary self-care.
Use this chakra balancing bath ritual any time to clear chakras, brighten the aura, and relax mind and body.
- 4 cups of Himalayan pink salt (detoxifying) or Epsom salt (clears the aura and releases unwanted energy)
- 16 ozs. Drinking water
- Chakra Balancing essential oils
- Votive candle (optional)
- Relaxing music (optional)
- Echoing Waters oil blend (optional)
- Glass pitcher or bowl (optional)
- The night before, pour Himalayan or Epsom salt into a glass pitcher or bowl of water. Empower with Reiki, cover and allow to soak overnight. This is especially helpful for dissolving large salt chunks.
- To prepare the bath, run 3-4 inches of warm bath water in tub
- Pour dissolved or undissolved HImalayan pink or Epsom salt into bath water.
- Draw Cho Ku Rei over water and in palms of hands
- Holding hands 4-6 inches above water, set an intention for this bath to clear and balance all the chakras in the body for your highest healing good. Run Reiki in the water for a few minutes.
- Run more water in tub, enough to be able to immerse your body up to the neck. Make it warm enough to encourage light perspiration.
- Light candle and play soft music if preferred. (optional)
- Add 1-2 droppers of Echoing Waters relaxing oil blend. Swish in water spread. (optional)
- Immerse your body fully into the tub. If you are unable to fit your body up to the neck, use a soft towel to wring water over exposed body parts throughout the bath.
- Soak for at least 20 minutes. Periodically, take sips of the drinking water to stay hydrated.
- After soaking, step out of tub and drain water. Give thanks for the healing that has occurred.
- Do not use a drying towel --- allow your body to air dry
- You will be deeply relaxed and may feel weak. This is Normal.
- Option: End this ritual powerfully by doing a Reiki self-treatment while listening to Heartbeat or Strengthening Your Reiki Connection MP3 and waiting for your body to air dry. These meditations work best when heard through headphones or earplugs. You may have received them from me as part of your Reiki II certification class.
WARNING: Salt (brine) baths place high demands on the circulatory system. Consult with your doctor before performing this ritual if you have weak or poor heart circulation.